Potatoes 10-12 nos. medium size
Cloves 4 nos.
Green cardamoms 2 nos.
Green chilies 2 nos.
Fresh root ginger grated 50 gms
Garlic 3 cloves
Natural yogurt 150 ml.
Tomato 5-6 nos. medium size
Ghee 50 gms.
Grated onions 2 nos.
Ground coriander 1 tsp.
Ground cumin 1 tsp.
Chili powder 1 tsp.
Turmeric 1/2 tsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Scrub, scrape or peel the potatoes, then prick them thoroughly using a cocktail stick.
2. Deep fry until it turns out golden brown.
3. Grind the cloves, cardamoms, chilies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
4. Melt the Ghee in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the grated onion in it for a few minutes.
5. Add the coriander, cumin, chili power and turmeric. Continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and stir for another 10-15 minutes or till this masala leaves oil then add curd
and stir.This should take about 15-20 minutes.
7. Add the potatoes and water, stir well and cook for a few minutes until the potatoes are tender, 8. Then serve hot