3 cups cooked farfalle
For The Basil and Tomato Sauce1 1/2 cups tomato pulp , refer to handy tip
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tbsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sugar
4 to 5 tbsp fresh cream
12 to 15 basil , chopped
2 tbsp butter or olive oil
For The Garnish4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese or
For the basil and tomato sauce
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook till the sauce thickens (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the chilli powder, tomato purée, sugar, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and basil leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Just before serving, re-heat the basil and tomato sauce and toss the bow pasta in it.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
- Tomato pulp is made by blanching whole tomatoes in hot water and thereafter peeling, desseding and chopping them.
- Tomato pulp is made by blanching whole tomatoes in hot water and thereafter peeling, deseeding and chopping them