For The Vegetable Balls2 cups finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/8 cup chopped spring onions
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp maida
2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp finely chopped green chilliies
1/4 tsp msg , optional
salt and to taste
oil for deep-frying
For The Sauce2 tsp finely chopped garlic
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 cup clear begetble stock
1 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup of water
2 pinches of sugar
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For the vegetable balls
- Mix together all the ingredients and shape the mixture into small balls. If you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water to bind the mixture.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame. Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the stock, soya sauce, cornflour mixture, sugar and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
How to serve
- Just before serving, put the vegetable balls in the sauce and bring to a boil. Serve hot