For the soup1 kg tomatoes
1 onion finely chopped
3 spring onions
1 capsicum finely chopped
3 tbsp cooked red rajma or baked beans
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For the cheese balls100 gms grated panner
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp chopped coriander
a little chopped green chilli
1 tsp salt
To servegrated proccessed cheese
For the soup
- Chop one tomato finely and keep aside. Cut the remaining tomatoes into big pieces, add 5 teacups of water and cook until soft. Then pass through a sieve.
- Chop the spring onions into small pieces with half the leaves.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the spring onions and the capsicum and fry again for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato soup and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato, beans, sugar, chilli sauce and salt and cook for a few minutes.
For the cheese balls
- Mix all the ingredients and shape into round balls by adding a little water. If you wish, you can also lightly fry the balls.
How to proceed
- Put the balls in the boiling soup and boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and a little cream and dusted with chilli powder.
- To get the best results, use ripe red tomatoes